Thursday, August 2, 2012

Skyrim Dawnguard is out on Steam!


Finally the DLC for Skyrim has arrived on PC and PS3! I was just on steam today when I happened to come across it, very unexpected as well as Bethesda hasn't really kept us posted on information regarding said DLC. It's a little late as they promised us around 30 days after it came out for the Xbox360, but not too much to complain about as they were only like a week or two late.  I've seen gameplay and such revolving around the DLC, and the plot seems interesting enough, so I'll most likely buy it.

Hopefully there won't be as many bugs, as the Xbox360 players received the DLC ahead of PC and PS3 gamers so as to in a way, play test the DLC. It's heavily based upon Vampire and Werewolf gameplay, creating perk trees for both. I'm hoping for a great time, since I love playing as a werewolf in my Skyrim playthroughs, although I might try out the Vampire Lord, since it looks really fun. The ability to turn into a cloud of bats, grab and choke someone with vampiric powers, levitate over large bodies of water, and of course bite people and suck their blood. Wheras the werewolves really just get gameplay stat boosts and such, regardless it's a neat DLC, and I'll probably try out both.



There are tons of new features, such as crossbows, the newly added Dragon Bone weapons, and lots of neat new enemies such as Gargoyles, and Death hounds, also you can get an armored husky as a companion! Isn't he adorable?


As I've yet to play the DLC, I won't be putting in an in-depth review of the DLC yet, but once I finish it and have my fun wandering around the new lands and playing around with the new features I may if it turns out to be really good. Regardless I'm looking forward to this $20 DLC, I hope that you may get your chance to try it out and enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment