Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rune Factory Frontier: First 5 Days

I'm sure you guys have read Izzy's first play through and thoughts on Rune Factory Frontier. He's as sarcastic as ever but I think its good since he's relatively new to the series and I am not. I'll go into my views of the game now :D

This game has a lot of details like all the Rune Factory games. Its very strange though because in most Rune Factory games, the games tend to start off with most of the characters introduced. This one, on the other hand, starts off with only a handful and you can't meet them all in the course of one day. In fact, even the locals aren't accessible until you accept a Quest by good old Stella, the church nun.

The game starts with the main character, Raguna, wandering around looking for his friend Mist. Honestly, I don't think that's the only reason but if you have played the first game, he does owe a lot to the turnip loving gal. Upon finding her, she coerces him into living on a farm next door. Series of events follow and you meet the locals. I personally have a crush on Erik. He's so damn fine! Sadly, my character has a pair that he also has.. and they don't seem to mesh well together. -sigh-

yes, I'm going to make his picture that big. He's just too good to pass. Now there are little things in this game that I really love. The characters, as always have spunk. And for the first time, you are given the option to woo a girl who is chubby! Eunice is a darling and she seems sweet and kind. Mist is as strange as ever and mumbles in her own happy way that seems to leave Raguna speechless. No, I'm not kidding, he really has nothing to say in response... she really is a weird gal. But I like her a lot cause she's adorable. I don't normally like main character girls but her, I'll stand.
 But my favorite girl is Anette! She comes into this game as the mail delivery girl and runs around with monsters chasing her! She loves mail and she's really into exercise! In fact, I let the creepy stalker within me chase her around town and found that I wasn't the only one vying for her affections. Danny, the next local hottie was after her too. What will I do?!?!


But the mail delivery systems is how you go about doing quests and you find out a lot about the characters when you read the letters. Also when you follow Annette around, despite the creepiness of it, you can find out about the characters as well through what Annette shouts when she delivers the mail. Previous characters from the other games come into mention and you realize how closely tied this one is to the other.

In the first five days, I was also able to unlock Melody and Lara from the original Rune Factory. Melody is a witchy dressed girl that gives you a hammer and hot springs to cure your body daily for the awesome price of 10G and Lara comes with a scolding for working yourself too hard. But she's pretty and smart and nice so I'm sure Raguna didn't mind all that much! You also get to meet Rosetta pretty early on. She's a darling and she tries so hard to compete with the main girl, Mist, that she holds a special place in my heart. But make sure that you don't ship only weeds cause then her displeasure will show!






Also in this game, there is a HUGGEE lake called Lake Polis. Its so huge I didn't bother exploring it just yet. I haven't settled into my farm and no steady income is coming as of yet, so I'll hold off on that till I can have more security and some monsters working the field.

 Honesty not much was accomplished in this game just yet. The feel is the same as the others and only time will tell. The story goes that there is  giant whale who doesn't have much time yet before he can't float anymore and fall upon the little town below. Raguna is trying to help of course through the assitance of Mist but Izzy already went into that. There is something about the 12 Maidens as well, but I'm not too sure what its significance is just yet. I'm excited for this game and the wonderful things are to come with it. :D


Always Guree

No comments:

Post a Comment