Monday, July 9, 2012

Rune Factory Frontier - The First 10 Days

Konbanwa! Good evening viewers! We'll be starting this charming farming adventure tonight, having had the pleasure to go through a couple of in-game days. Anyways our tale begins late at night with the main character wandering about, eventually coming across a small town, which we come to know as Trampoli, he's on a quest, looking for some girl that mysteriously left his village one day. We get to chat with an elderly lady named Stella, who's the head religious Sister of the town. We then get the chance to name our hero, I went with Meepo, although the default name was Raguna, it's always fun to rename the characters to something cute, yet really weird... Surprise surprise, after staying the night at a local Church, we find Mist, the girl Meepo was looking for all along, GASP! Who also happens to enter into the Church... for whatever reason.


Upon starting day two, a lot of exciting developments occur. We get a free farm, which is littered with debris, which we get the pleasure of cleaning up, I decided to name the homestead, Oshawott farm. Of course Mist loves the name, it's in her scripted dialogue for her to say she loves the name you've given the farm, hence why I found Meepo's dialogue, "I hope you weren't planning on saying that no matter what I named it" rather amusing. Beyond that Mist also hands us a radish seed, a watering can, and a cheap hoe, and being the moron I am, I couldn't help but giggle a little at that.


We learn about the floating whale-shaped island right above our heads, and upon climbing up a magical beanstalk to reach it we discover it's not just a flying whale, but that it's ALIVE! Or well kind of... unfortunately this poor whale is dying... NOOOOOOO! So of course our hero pledges to "Save the Whale" I end up entering a nearby cave on the whale and try to fight monsters with the cheap hoe, I almost die, so I head back home and sleep off the deep blade wounds some goblins made in my thigh.

The next morning... SHEEP, oh I mean... Hi~! Anette mail girl person! Yay she gave me a sweet letter, that welcomed me to town, even though she could've saved a tree by welcoming me in person, oh well, whatever. The letter was sweet and Anette was amusing, plus she had a flock of sheep things with her that made me squeak with glee. After the joy of getting mail for the first time I went to Stella who sent me on a quest to meet with Turner & Eunice, who in turn led me to meet Ganesha, who sent me to meet Danny, who finally tossed me out to meet Erik... Errands errands errands. Overall I really like the characters so far, they each have distinct personalities, Erik's tale of monster turnips destroying my crops if they went out of season was simply delightful.


After talking with everyone and buying some seeds I went back to working on the farm. I ended up working myself too hard, so I resorted to eating weeds to prevent myself from dying. Meepo makes a really weird noise when he eats, which gets kind of irritating in rapid succession as I eat a stack of 40+ weeds. Mist happened to arrive at the farm after I was done gulping down piles of raw vegetation so I had a little talk with her, in which she proceeded to talk about her dreams and how she'd tell the voice in her dreams to talk to me. I don't want a voice to bother me in my dreams though... Eitherway I dismissed the topic and continued working, I soon met Rosetta a character from the previous game who's going about doing crop shipments and stuff, she wants to start up a new General store here, le gasp! Danny has some competition! Or better yet he's going to be destroyed by her!




Afterwards I wandered around aimlessly about town, and to my surprise I found a singing rock, I had no idea what it is, and I can't seem to interact with it, sooooo... I went to the bar to drown out the haunting memories of the chanting stone. Unfortunately I couldn't drink, Turner however is an alcoholic, bad inn keeper/father/husband, bad! So without much else to do for the remainder of the night, I went to bed.

A voice interrupted my sound sleep during the middle of the night in a dream, curse you Mist. So I awoke went out, did some farm work just to see Anette zoom across the road like a car, sound effects and all! I checked my mail and tried to follow her, but I lost her trail to who the hell knows where, probably around town. I decided to go on an adventure through the whale's cave and in the process found Melody a cute witchy looking individual. I got a free hammer, broke open a giant rock, and opened up a spring, hooray!


I happened to come across Kross, he's really funny, but kind of weird. He told me a lot of... interesting things. Things like, rubbing monsters with gloves and that they'll become friends with me in the process. Also he talks to vegetables. After having an exciting conversation with the village weirdo I headed over to Stella to find out that Mist is sick! That's what you get for sending a mystical voice to harass me in my sleep! She then threatens to make me sick as I come to visit her. What an evil woman! After the pleasant visit with the sick Mist, I come across a small boy near the pond. The first thing that comes to mind is to push him into the pond. Unfortunately that's not an option, but the option to kidnap him comes up! Or not... Still it makes for an amusing conversation starter! He turns out to be Ganesha's son Marco, and in the future he'll end up saving us all from some unspeakable evil!

On day five I ended up falling unconscious and met Lara the nurse, soon afterwards I ran back to my home to catch Anette in the act of delivering mail. I then proceeded to stalk her throughout town as she delivered it to everyone's homes. I ended up getting an axe, a sickle and several books from various members of the town today, and Melody opened up her bathouse yay! Melody REALLY loves bathing, as the topic comes up in just about every sentence she speaks. I also met an old guy named Nolan who just stands outside the male baths all the time... It was Melody who explained to me that the Whale (Whom I've done nothing to help save yet) has a name, his name is Laga, that'll be good to know!


It's now day six of my adventure and I find a dead person in front of my home, only she's not dead. So I then proceed to try and drown her with my watering can. It doesn't work so I go ask Lara the nurse to heal her up, to get her off my lawn. The woman who was dying on my front porch is named Selphy, she forgets to eat, and apparently not eating for a week got her in this mess! Lara then proceeds to verbally abuse her and forces her to stay in town. I learned today that shipping out weeds makes Rosetta sad, hooray! Once again Mist proves how she's the mistress of evil by forcing me to cut her super tall weeds. In the process I discover a underground ruin... dun dun dun... is this where Mist keeps the dead bodies? I proceed to head to the bath house after Mist almost works me to death, then sleep after taking a relaxing bath... despite Nolan still standing there.

It's the start of a new day, oddly enough there's no Anette, maybe because it's the holidays... all the stores are closed so I decide to head over to the library, upon entering... WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO THE LIBRARY SELPHY! Apparently she's been placed in the library to live there, and she's "reorganizing" everything...


After seeing the new state of the Rune Archives I went over to Lute, who only appears on holidays and sells special things, such as furniture, so I purchase a kitchen and frying pan from him, so now I can cook, good I was getting sick of eating raw weeds all the time. I head over to the baths after some farming, and just my luck a new old guy standing outside the male baths, this guys name is Kanno, he's a researcher or something of old magic, MAGIC, did you say MAGIC?! Unfortunately he's chronically ill and doesn't teach me any magic, boo.

So the next couple of days I wasn't sure what to do, I mainly did a lot of farming, occasionally chatting with the locals, I spoke with Mist one day to find out she REALLY REALLY loves Turnips, in turn I decided to explore the dungeon in Mist's front yard, lots of exciting dungeon crawling, I even got Kross the village weirdo to build me a barn to keep the animals I "became friends with" in, I found a weird squirrel thing and a plant monster, which I respectively named Monty and Aria. Unfortunately I got a little carried away on day nine and ended up falling unconscious in the dungeon at 4:59 in the morning. Someone must've dragged my body back to my bed because I woke up with a cold after a couple hours... Hmm I wonder who could've done that...


No comments:

Post a Comment