Friday, January 17, 2014

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered

Hey guys. This has been circulating the web for some time now, but Square Enix has decided to release the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remastered in HD for both the PS3 (in one bundle) and the PSVita (as separate).



then!

This game was a huge critical and commercial success (Wikipedia if you don't believe me) back during the PS2 era and is my personal favorite Final Fantasy game of ALL time. Yes of ALL TIME!!!!! (Final Fantasy Tactics come to the a close second :D)


      

The now :D

Well in Japan this HD remastered version for both the PS3 and the PSVita has finally come out, and let me say, the developers did a wonderful job. For those of you who want to see the Let's Play, here it is: 


Now, personally, I'm not as tech savvy as I would like to be, so I actually had to look up a comparison video to see if it really was any different from the original one, so for you guys who are just as technologically average like me, I'll post the comparisons video as well. 


The one on the right is HD :D

There were some parts of the HD that I didn't particularly like too much, but I personally am going to get this in the States (when it comes out in March 18 2014!) because I love portable gaming and now this game is portable! Finally Tidus and Yuna can be on the go and school won't hinder me too much from playing this game. 

From watching the walkthroughs, everything has definitely become cleaner, and much more defined than the previous versions and the coloring has become more realistic too. I read in an article somewhere that if this HD remastered version will do well, Square Enix will work on a second sequel for the game! A Final Fantasy X-3! Isn't exciting! My roommate (in college) and I personally love this game and hope another sequel will come to fruition. Hopefully its doing better than the Final Fantasy XIII and it's sequels. 



If you guys are as excited for this game as I am, please leave it in the comment and pre-order it now! Amazon seems to be selling the Vita version as a bundle as well! for both games! Japan also got a special Vita just for this game, maybe the US will have something similar as well!
For those of you who have no idea what this game is pick it up! It has already sold over 500k copies (both versions combined) in Japan within the month of its release! It is also one heck of a game. It has beautiful story elements that seem to be lacking in most video games these days. 

The characters are surprisingly deep and develop immensely throughout the story and game is a good length so its definitely worth your money. Heck they're giving you two games for a price that's cheaper than most of the popular single game. This was also one of the last Final Fantasy game that seemed to have made a tidal wave in the RPG genre and definitely within the Final Fantasy categories of games. Pick it up, try it, and fall in love with it. Realize the beauty that is Spira, the love that is between Tidus and Yuna, and the innate joy that comes with finishing a masterpiece of a game!



Always Guree

No comments:

Post a Comment