Thursday, January 23, 2014

Turning Over A New Leaf: An Animal Crossing Walkthrough (5)

Dear Mom,

The apple trees I planted finally grew! I'm so happy that they did. I was getting quite tired of eating only fish and cherries everyday. I'll see if I can somehow bake a Pie and send you a picture. You'll have to wait a while. I'm still not good at cooking, and since I'm so busy being Mayor, I haven't really been practicing. But I'm glad I have more fruit variety now. The apples are so red and shiny. They're a beauty!

Kidd has settled down nicely and his house has such a sophisticated air about it. It would make more sense if he was the Mayor. OMGGG! What if he was the Mayor that was to take over. Oh no! Will I be usurped? I hope not. I'm really starting to like that Mayor chair and I love Isabelle so much! I'll keep an eye on him. Keeping my friends close and my enemies closer Mom!





Speaking of Kidd, a new person is also going to move into Love. It's strange. I thought this was a no where town. Rover made it sound like it would be, but a new villager is moving in practically every three days! That's what I call an exponential growth!


I've been building Snowpeople like crazy. Now, to add to the population, there is a new Snowman and a Snowmam. Well now only a Snowman. The Snowmam I built was kind of tiny, so I named her Mini. But she ended up disappearing the next day. I was really sad because Olaf and Donald both went with her. I couldn't even give them a proper good bye. Martha is no longer talking to me and Dorothy looks like she will soon follow Olaf and Donald. It's really sad. But I've been collecting a lot of snowflakes for Dorothy and she's been giving me a lot of furniture! They're called Ice Furniture and look absolutely gorgeous.



I decided to call the Snowman Bingo because he wanted to play Bingo with me. After handing me a Bingo card, his eyes become numbers. It scared the living apples out of me. Bingo said that I have to punch in the number in his eyes, and if I can match a row, I'll be able to receive a cool item. I'll have to talk to him everyday! I just hope this works out before he melts. It seems that Snowpeople don't last very long in Love, even when it's snowing. I'll just have to make sure that I'm not too attached to them. I hope Olaf gets to experience summer one day though!


Remember Gulliver Mom? He made it safely to Scotland! He even sent me a set of bagpipes! It works beautifully. I'm so jealous of Gulliver. I hear Scotland is beautiful and green. I personally prefer the snows of Love though. I'll be both sad when it goes away and happy for Spring. Imagine Mom! Spring at Love! It'd be something! Hopefully Gulliver will come back to visit for Spring!
The permit for my town building as Mayor also finally came! I can finally flex my Mayor muscles and start building things around here! Apparently I can pass both Ordinances and start Public Projects. I've made my town ordinance: make a lot of money! Money is what makes towns grow after all! I also started a bridge project. This town has a huge river but only a single bridge. I have to follow the length of the river just to get somewhere on the other side. It is really inconvenient so that's why I decided on a bridge first. It'll cost about 128,000 Bells in donations! Isabelle told me, not so discreetly, that I will probably be responsible for most of the funds!!! Between this and the house, I don't know where I'll ever get all the money. I really hope a new place for money pops up soon. Maybe like an island of money or something!



The guy who is in charge of the bridge funds is a little gyroid named Loid. He seems friendly. I think I will have mixed feelings about him. He's like Tom, always taking my hard earned money. Both are for good causes though, so I'll try hard to remember that.  But Mom! I'm almost ready to pay off my first house payment! Yes, I'm going to pay off my house first, then I'll start donating to the bridge! I have to make sure to keep my debts under a decent amount. I've been depositing a little money here and there into the ABD and I believe that within the next day or two, I will be able to pay off the house! Of course if I hadn't bought as many things in the store, it would have been faster, but some of the items I just HAD to buy! I got a really cute outfit and some funny things too!






I tried talking to Sable a couple of times but she shooed me away. I really want to get to know her. She is the claws behind all of these brilliant clothing items. I hope one day we will get along. Till then, I always was persistent when I had to be!


Speaking of friends, Lily together with Derwin and Knox played Hide and Go Seek with me. It was the most fun and adorable thing ever! The animals kept peeking out from their hiding places to see if I knew where they were. Of course if they could see me, I would see them! I caught them all! Shortly afterwards, Lily sent me a small LED screen as a thank you for playing with her and the other villagers. She's so sweet. I think she's growing to be my favorite animal right now!





I noticed a few things about the town in Love as well. For the bulletin board, whenever a new post is up, a bird is up there dancing and hopping during the day and an owl is sitting there at night. Bluebear told me its because the birds love to gossip. I think "why this is might handy!" It's a good way to keep up-to-date on how the town is doing.


Re-Tail also has a sign  next to her store. Hers is more about the items that she will take for a higher price than normal for that day! It's great to find a easier way to make money. But she charges you money if you try to sell her trash!


Remember that pesky flying balloon that was carrying a present? I figured out how to get it to come down even without any specific tool. For now, its all about luck and timing. What you do is if it is coming from the beach side, wait till it hits the cliff. The balloon will automatically rise! If you are waiting at the cliff, you can hit the balloon and pop it with your bug net! If it's coming from the opposite side away from the beach, then you follow it till it reaches the cliff. What will happen is that it will descend, and before it gets out of reach, whack it with your net! I was successful and obtained a balloon chair from it! It's awesome! I'm trying to spread the knowledge.





When I tried to tell the idea to Bud, he thought it was great and tried to give me a nickname that would capture all my Mayor greatness. His idea was Mega N. I politely declined. I didn't want to be known around town as Mega N. It was sweet of him though and I'm flattered he thinks I'm Mega....


I saved the best for last! Remember Katrina? She was the fortune teller you and Dad told me about back when you guys were in your adventuring days. Well she came by to visit! I must say, I was very impressed. She seems to have gotten more powerful since the last time you guys saw her! It was crazy. The room spun, and the lights went out, a circle formed around us, and the stars shined above us. She told me my lucky item was a men's t-shirt... I didn't have any D;




Tell Dad that I'm a great Angler now! I even caught a Tuna! It was really hard and it put up a fight but in the end its swimming in the Museum for all to see! Till next time!

Your Daughter,

Noel




P.S. The Mayor Tree grew again! I think I'll call her Laura!



Previous Part <<<                                                                                                     >>> Next Part

No comments:

Post a Comment