Friday, January 31, 2014

Turning Over A New Leaf: An Animal Crossing Walkthrough (8)

Mom!

Today was an extremely big day!
For starters, Tom Nook was on time and upgraded my mailbox and door. It doesn't look too different but I like it a lot. It's starting to feel like home. I am out of room to actually place things in though, so I might end up expanding again. I know! The Debts! But what can I say. I mean you told me you used to live in a mansion once. Dad did too. Now I want to try... hehehehe.


Now I know I normally save the best for last, but this time I can't simply do it. I'm so excited to tell you this, I can hardly write straight! For an English major, that's saying something!
I finally visited the Island today. Remember, the Island that Tortimer invited to me to go to when I was free? Of course I did some other stuff too that I'll mention at the end of the letter, but now for the meat of the letter! So just like Tortimer said, someone came by to day to come and pick me up. It was.. a.. turtle? I'm not really sure. It reminds me of some Japanese green monster.. but it was too friendly to be a monster. He called himself Kapp'n, said I was an adorable Mayor, then wooshed me to the island for a price of 1000 Bells. Yes, he hit on me, yes he's a good driver, and yes he sings! He sang some songs while we were on the way. He was tone deaf, but his songs were silly and cute so I forgave him.







Once we arrived, I looked around and there was a bunch of Kapp'n look-a-likes. I'm pretty sure these aren't your everyday animals. I found out that the younger lady at the counter was his wife, the older one was his mom, and the little darling baby was Kapp'n's daughter. Yes, he did hit on me while he has a child. But I think he wasn't really intending to do anything. You can't help but call a puppy cute, because it is, but that doesn't mean you'll actually marry it right? Right?!?!?





Well, Kapp'n's wife was the one in charge of tours. Because I'm curious as I am, I took one! It's was the Dragon-fly catching tour for beginners. Mom, I ruled it! When the tour was done, I ended up receiving a gold medal score and so Tortimer ended up giving me 6 medals. I wasn't sure what the medals were for until I talked to the elderly turtle-monster and found out that you could buy things at the island with those medals. Why they don't take Bells, it beats me, but hey free is free. Well almost free. You just have to play a few games, but that's a good thing.


When I found out I won the most amount of medals I could for this game. 

That's not all. See those beautiful trees in the background? Yes they had exotic fruit! I mean EXOTIC~! On my first visit, I was able to grab Coconuts and Lemons from my own little vacation island and from the tours I was able to snag Lychees and Mangos! How cool is that! I'm going to plant them like crazy when I can find the time to back in Love. These have to rake in more Bells than the common old Cherry right? The Apples are for sure giving me more money.



I think the Lychee might be my second favorite fruit. I don't know. All the fruits are so good, I can't seem to decide!!!! Other than fruit, the island is positively filled with fishes and bugs. And not just any regular fishes and bugs, I mean the rare kinds. At first I only caught some sunfishes and a few butterflies, but as it got later on during the day (almost dusk/evening time) the really rare bugs came out to play. I mean bugs such as the Horned Atlus and the Goliath Beetle. Some of the bugs could fetch 10,000 Bells all on their lonesome. I hit jackpot Mom! I'm rich $$$!



Tell Dad heShould be Jealous :D

Now I wasn't allowed to bring my own tools to the island, but there is a gyroid named Lloid, who looks a lot like the Lloid who is in charge of the donations back at Love, that gives you the tools to use. Among one of those tools was a wet suit. Now, never seeing such a tool before, not even in the boxes of stuff you kept from your adventuring days, I tried it on~! The wet suit lets you go diving in the water! It makes it so easy so swim and glide in the water and catch all these kinds of underwater creatures. Blathers will be beside himself when I deliver all these new creatures to him in the Museum.


The Jellyfish stings you. I'm trying to swim away from the evil abomination!
Me going for the Dive

Once again just for you, me in my dashingly Turtle colored Wet Suit! Aren't I ravishing? Aren't you jealous Mom? I would be if I were you. I'm so beside myself!
Then the horror came! My pockets were fit to bursting with all these valuable items and yet, I didn't have enough room to take it all. Worse, I wasn't allowed to take anything in my pockets back with me to the island. Lloid collected all of the tools before I left because they were meant to be borrowed not given. Luckily, Leilani (wife of Kapp'n) told me I could deposit all of my stuff in a box, and  to take them out on a basket back at Love's port. I was relieved. I was even more relieved when I found that the box had a lot of space. I quickly emptied the contents of my pocket into the box and went back for more goodies. I mean I had so much to get. Fruit, bugs, fish, flowers, and shells! I couldn't help it. This really is the island of Bells I was hoping for! Except it's better! Because I can work for it, and in turn, build my little town up with the sweat of my brow and not some free money that someone gave me. I know, right Mom? I'm just a workaholic these days... What happened to your lazy Noel who started this adventure barely over a week ago?


All the excess stuff that I got too much of I sold (for a ridiculously low price) to Leila (Leilani's daughter). She called it playing supermarket, I call it getting robbed but she's a kid and she seemed happy with her new found items, and my pockets got emptied before I left, so it was all good.


There was only one thing that I wasn't really sure about. There was this application thing called Club Tortimer that Grams (Kapp'n's Mother) was selling for 50 medals. Of course I didn't have nearly enough. The dragonfly tour gave a max of 6 medals. In the end, I ended up with 12 because I played it twice before other aspects of the island called me away. But Grams was explaining that if I had enough medals I would be able to go to different islands around the world and meet new people. It was all super exciting! I have no idea what it means, but I'm going to save up for it!


I don't know how Tortimer has all these medals, and why you can buy things with it but who cares. This island's economics might be weird but I'm happy because it costs only 1000 Bells for me to come to access of all these great things. My pockets are extremely happy with the load I have and Blathers and Reese was just mind-boggled with all the things I presented to them at once! It also greatly increased my Encyclopedia and the Price List I'm working on for the villagers... you have to see the ...
 Oh, I didn't realize the time. It's already so late. I'm gonna have to go to bed with this letter unfinished. I'll send you the second part of my amazingly eventful day tomorrow! I hope you are waiting at the edge of your seat for the next letter.

Your Daughter,

Noel



P.S. My lovely outfit I wore for the Island trip was a combination of a milkmaid dress and a straw boater. I didn't take shoes cause it was a beach! But with all the rocks and shells I should try to remember shoes next time.









Previous Part <<<                                                                                            >>>Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment