Saturday, January 18, 2014

Turning Over A New Leaf: An Animal Crossing Walkthrough (1)

Dear Mom,

I miss you already. So many things have happened and I wish I could tell you and Dad, but a letter will have to do instead. I know you guys were skeptical about me having a new start and turning over a new leaf, but I want to tell you I'm fine. Better than fine! The people of this town are really nice! Tell Dad he doesn't have to worry about me and not to be too grouchy and angry with me for leaving. I miss him terribly too.

On the train ride, I met my first friend. His name was Rover. I think he was a he. He was a cat for sure though. On the way, he asked me what time it was, saying that his watch wasn't always so reliable. I told him and after he thanked me, he used it as an opportunity to come and have a conversation with me. Well, I think it was a conversation. He was a mighty curious cat. He kept asking me a bunch of questions like my name, where I was going, why I was going, and which map was the place I was going too. If he wasn't so friendly, I would have thought he would have wanted to steal my identity or something. But he was nice. Before I could ask anything about him in return, we had arrived to my destination, the Town of  Love. :)

Rover
Yes, Mom, the town is called Love. It doesn't make much sense and when Rover asked about it, it sounded really funny cause he was like, "The Town of Love?" I couldn't help but snicker at that a little. If I had Love I wouldn't be moving to a new town. I might have been tied down with my lover, or something like that, or maybe I'll meet love here? but I'm getting off the point here. With the picture of Rover, you will find various other photos that I've taken (or others from the town have taken). Please take a look at them while you're reading.

Arriving at Love
Station Clock 
About to take my first step onto Love
Step taken. Not as exciting as I imagined but more!!!

Well I got off and the station and who was there to greet me other than HALF the town! I kid you not mother! It was real!I got off, and get this, everyone thought I was the mayor! I tried to desperately tell them I wasn't, but no one believed me. The Town Hall lady, she's a dog named Isabelle, told me I shouldn't joke around like that. Apparently the Mayor was supposed to arrive at this town at the same time I arrived, and now everyone thinks I'm the Mayor!

 The front of the station
Me closing my eyes cause the sudden sunlight.. actually I blinked. I blink a lot in these photos... 
The royal Welcome by half the town
Me trying to explain desperately that I'm not the Mayor. 
Instead Isabelle told me to hurry up and go to the town hall with her. She gave me a map and said she would follow me. I have a picture of the map for you to see! The yellow house is me!!!! So I did as I was told and used my new found map to get to the town house. That was the building in purple. I stumbled on over there with Isabelle behind my tail... it sounds weird using tail because everyone in this town has a tail but me... Once inside, she wanted to register my information before I could work as Mayor. Of course that was when she realized (and what I had told Rover) that I didn't have a place to live and she needed my address. Before I could mention anything again about not being Mayor, she told me its okay. That I could visit the local real estate agency here owned by a guy named Tom Nook and he would get that settled for me. So she told me to go off and talk to Tom Nook in the shopping district north past the train station and to come back once I had that settled. 

Isabelle and me in front of Town Hall
The Town Hall Building 
I really had to try sitting on these nice chairs. I was tired and my feet hurt. Looks expensive but the couch back home is much more comfortable!
So yeah, I got out of the building and tried to find my way to the Real Estate Agency. When I walked past the tracks on the train station, I arrived at the shopping mall! Mother there are a bunch of cute little shops here that you can go shopping in! Of course I got distracted and COULDN'T simply go to the real estate agency while there stores to be looked at! There was a little goods store called Nookling Junction and a cute little handmade clothes store called the Able Sisters that also had an accessory store attached to it! It even had a museum! I know you would like that because its educational and you were always telling me to study. Sadly when I was looking around, I noticed that the district was actually very small and the stores tinier. There were trash lying around and closed up places as well. It's really sad. I know I'm not the Mayor, but the past Mayor should have done a better job with the place.

 Entrance to the shopping district
 Nookling Junction: Furniture Store: couldn't enter
Random junk next to store
Able Sisters: Clothes/Accessories place
Able/Sable
Tried talking to Sable (the older sister) but she wasn't too friendly D:
Accessory Shop... I blinked haha
The Real Estate Place Nook's Homes and the Post Office
Post Office Inside. Greeted Pelly. Super Nice
 The place is really run down. Nothing works in this area.
 The Museum
Inside the Museum with Blathers the Museum Encyclopedia
Well, now that my window shopping was done, I stopped by Nook's Home's like I was supposed to. Inside, this chubby Raccoon greeted me who called himself Tom Nook. He was a friendly guy, and just as Rover said I would be (he said I looked like the lucky type) Nook decided to help me right away and get me a home. I actually have a place to stay now! Well... er... almost. He told me to pick the place and he would get it built. So the guy grabbed a yellow parka and told ME to pick the place I wanted the home to be and that it would be done! How cool is that! From my own room at my parents to my own house! Well, more like my own tent! Even though he said he would build me a house, until he could do it, I had to temporarily stay inside of a tent... It was fine. I found a beautiful white rose next to the tent and that made me really happy. White Rose is definitely still my favorite flower. I decided to call her Ophelia and she'll be with be throughout this entire journey!

 On our way to pick the location. Nook's yellower parka.
Ta-ta! My tent! And Ophelia!
Well after that was done, Nook told me he would take care of some stuff, including building costs, and he whisked off reminding me to talk to Isabelle again. Remembering my appointment (and guilty for spending so much time in the shopping district) I went back. Isabelle had already talked to Nook during that time and she was recording my address down and finalizing everything. That chubby Raccoon can run. Well now that that was done, Isabelle waned me to plant the town tree! Yup! She still thought I was the Mayor and so before I could utter another denial she grabbed my arm and pulled me to the Town Center and before I knew it, the entire village was around me and I was planting a tree to commemorate the start of my Mayor-hood. Everyone was hoping that the tree would grow as the town prospered because of the actions of the mayor: me. I'm blushing in the last photo, because naturally, I'm embarrassed I'm getting so much praise and expectations when I'm not even the Mayor! Oh Mom, things were a mess and I was worried sick! What if the real Mayor was in the crowd, angry?




Well after that everyone scattered to do their own thing. Isabelle told me good luck and that if I needed help with what to do, just to visit her at Town Hall. When my face wasn't burning anymore, I decided to greet some of my fellow animals. At least the ones that welcomed me! Here are the three. 

This is Bud. He's... a bear? I can't really tell. But he's really into working out and stuff. He seemed friendly enough. Of course only time will tell. I really like his glasses though. He seems like a cool guy if you know what I mean hahaha. 
Next is Bluebear the Blue Bear and Derwin the Duck. Both are very nice. I didn't get to know too much but both were trying to be helpful and they were very friendly about me. Of course both wanted to know what I would do as Mayor. They didn't believe me when I said I wasn't Mayor....



The town is beautiful. Maybe because you named me Noel and I was born after Christmas, but I really love snow and winter and this place has bounds of it. It's all powdered in white. I'm so glad I decided to come here. The place is beautiful. It also has a natural abundance of cherries. Apparently that is the town's fruit. I happened to move in on the day of the fishing tourney. I would have joined but I didn't have a rod or money to buy one.

Chip, the Fishing Tourney Judge.  
Chip and the Fishing Tourney Tent 
The place where victor is announced I believe...


Me and the famous Love Cherry Tree or one of many Famous Cherry Trees.

Well I was exhausted so I was going to turn in for a nap. I know mother, You're always telling me I'm lazy but I had just been accused of Mayor, found my home, and planted a tree! So I wanted to nap a little before I began to explore some more. Before I could turn in, Isabelle dropped by and gave me a gift! A lantern! My first piece of furniture! It was very nice of her and it was nice than just being in the dark. Well I'm turning in for my nap now. I'll send the second part of today's letter tonight before I go to bed. 

Your Daughter,

Noel

My Tent. Home sweet home?



Turning Over A New Leaf (Intro)<<<                                                                        >>>Next Part

No comments:

Post a Comment